2022: The Best Year* of My Life
December 8th, 2022
*technically like the past 14 months
–and it's not even over yet!
Sometimes life just passes by and you forget to stop, take a deep breath, and reflect. I feel like that's recently been the case for me as I moved into a hacker house, got into a serious new relationship, and started a company.
However, I usually end up reflecting and it always ends up bringing me closure, satisfaction. Most of all, it helps me define my path forward. I'd recommend everyone reading this to reflect as well (if you don't already). If you need help, I'd start with listing out "what's happened", "how do you feel about what's happened," and "what you want to happen in the next year (or few)".
Below are the most significants events of my life from the past year or so, in chronological order. I've written down a ton of other thoughts in private, but I won't bore you with the details.
Nov 2021 - Jan 2022
- 💼 Left Virtually
- ✈️ Visited friends in Austin (s.j., h.g., g.g.) and Boston (p.m., n.t.)
- ✈️ Explored Iceland with my undergrad CS professor and friend
- 💪🏻 Finished a full Ironman Triathlon in Mexico
- 💼 Joined Fractional
- 🏕️ Camped for the 1st time at Big Sur (l.c.)
- 💔 Broke up with GF
Feb – Apr 2022
- 🏠 Moved to a hacker house in SF, Nob Hill from south bay area
- 🫂 Made some close friends (v.m., a.g., h.j., l.s., w.g., s.k.+)
- 🎿 Skied at Lake Tahoe with friends
- 👁️ Got laser eye surgery
- 💪🏻 Benched 2 plates
- ✈️ Attended a cousin’s wedding in Miami
- 🏚️ Started managing a whole-house remodel
- 🎂 Turned 25
May - Sep 2022
- 🏠 Moved to SF, Hayes (v.m.)
- 1st music festival at EDC Las Vegas (v.m., v.h.+)
- ❤️ Fell in love
- 💪🏻 1st muscle-up
- Outside Lands and Portola Music Festivals (l.h., d.f., j.l., v.m.)
- ⚓️ Got my 1st (Ironman) tattoo
- 💡 Explored startup ideas in climate, crypto, fusion, HR, and Ag
Oct - Dec 2022
- 💼 Left Fractional
- 💼 Started an AI company (Aragon) with a friend
- 👥 Met lots of cool, smart, and awesome people (founders, VCs, etc.)
- 🤑 Started generating revenue with Aragon's AI Avatars
now – end of Dec 2022
- 🏠 Finish managing whole-house remodel
- 👨👩👦 See my parents after 3.5 years
- ✈️ Travel to Austin, NYC, and Boston to visit friends and family
- 🤑 Make $5K in revenue
✈️ Major places visited: 5
Music festivals attended: 3
👁️ Body parts modified: 2-3
🏠 Homes moved: 3
💼 Companies worked at: 3
🫂 New friends made: 10?
💡 Startup ideas explored: 50?
👥 Awesome people met: 100?
All in all, I'm super thankful for everything, especially my health and the people in my life. If we met in person or interacted in any way this year, thank you for being a part of it. I hope every year is just as exciting and wonderful as this one. I'd probably be fine if the next year is less eventful though, haha. This year was certainly a lot. I hope you enjoyed this post and best wishes for 2023!
Previous blog post: San Francisco
Next blog post: My Goals for 2023+ / Thoughts on AI
Click here to go home